Thursday, June 1, 2017

Where did the month of May go?

I find it hard to believe that it is now June 1st and I am happy to say that the sun is shining outside and hopefully it will stay that way for a while.

We had a lot of rain in May and that caused major flooding in parts of Hamilton such as Dundas.

I understand that people are still trying to repair the damages they suffered from all this rain.  Water can be beautiful in lakes and rivers, but it can be extremely disruptive when too much rain comes down.

I do wonder what the month of June will bring?

It is so great to see the greenery again and the many spring flowers that pop up everywhere even downtown!

I do have some really nice news to impart.  My friend Jeff took me up to Sleep Country in Ancaster and I purchased a mattress and box springs and it arrived yesterday morning.  The man who came into the apartment with it was a real nice gentleman.  He was kind enough to put the encasement onto the mattresses so that bedbugs if they ever came to this building would not be able to ruin my bed.  They cost a lot but a bed is a huge investment.  Last night I slept like I was sleeping on a cloud and it was so heavenly!

It is higher than my former bed of 17 years but I still manage to get in and out of it.

Gemma, the cat, has already claimed it as her own, so you can imagine that it will take some convincing to get her off it when it is time for bed!

I am happy to say that my sheets all fit it as well, as I stayed with the same bedframe (red) and the same size (twin or single - same thing).  The bedframe was still good and why not keep it?

What a real blessing it is to have a new and comfortable bed!

Thanks for dropping by and have a nice day.


No comments: