Wednesday, October 7, 2015

My first social occasion

I almost missed it as I slept till 12 noon today.  Needless to say, I was up quite a bit of the night and thus slept longer when I did finally doze off.

I was supposed to meet my Whitehern group of friends at the Harvest Moon at 11:30.

You can see the problem here, right?  By the time I woke up at 12, I was already half an hour late!

I scurried around as fast as my fat little legs could take me and zoomed out the door with my chariot (walker) and speeded as fast as I could down to Wilson and James North.

It was 1 p.m. by the time I arrived so I just ordered a wonderful corn, rice and chicken soup.  I could not eat it all, so shared some with my friends and still had enough for a couple of small bowls for supper!  All for $7.99.

We had a wonderful time, good conversation, lots of laughs, some serious moments - we are so fortunate to have such a wonderful group of pals to hang out with.

After we left the restaurant, I went to the Italian store next to it to get my yearly supply of underwear and under shirts.  The quality is very good, a little pricey but it is worth it as one does not need to replace them for quite some time.  I still have some from two years ago which are doing fine, but needed more to top up.

I walked home, sat at different spots where the benches are, people watched, enjoyed the sun and the activity and was glad to be well enough to get about.

My friend Rosie is now home from the hospital and I called her to see how she is making out.  She will need a lot of home care for the foreseeable future.

Good to know that she is now home though.

Lots of wonderful events coming up which I hope to be able to do!

Thanks for dropping by.




No comments: