Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Be thankful in everything

My dear friend Jeff picked me up in his car and took me to Whitehern.  He helped me onto a chair when we got there and then went to find a parking spot.  He is very strong and was a marvellous support on my inch by inch walk along the garden path.

I could not have gone without his help.  The group were celebrating my birthday today so I could not let them down.  Doug Feaver was playing at Whitehern today and as usual, was well appreciated by the audience. Doug even sang Happy Birthday for both Nonni and I.  Very much appreciated.

One of our number, Ruby, is in the hospital.  Grace also was away but on a little trip up north.

We had a wonderful time and my friend Mohammed brought a bridge club friend to Whitehern for the first time.  She seemed to enjoy it.  Her name is Lucy.

Jeff brought me back home in the car but to the back entrance this time which was safer due to my lack of speed.

Two of my neighours saw me trying to walk and both helped me.  John came in (my next door neighbour) and he will take my DVD's back to the library for me.

I am so blessed with good people in my life.  Although this is a really painful experience, it shows me that there are good folk out there and there is much to be thankful for.

Here are some pictures from today including the yummy birthday cake.

Joanne - the best cake maker in the world!

Cute little birthday greeting



This cake was so good.....

A peak inside the cake
                                          Jeff in blue, and Andre is cream colour and orange.  


What a nice way to celebrate my birthday with good friends.

Thanks for dropping by.

No comments: