Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Long distances for travel in Canada

I was thinking of visiting a friend who lives on the other side of Oshawa.  I called the Grayhound and they do have a bus that goes directly there but the price is very expensive - over $50 one way even for a senior.It would take 7 hours of travel or if I went overnight, it would take four hours. Only two day time buses, one around 5 a.m. and the other at 9:20.  Both times are really not good for me.  They also have only one night bus at 10:10 p.m.

I then called Go Transit and their price is more reasonable.  It was $17.70 one way for seniors, but the way is very confusing to me and I am afraid I may get lost.

I would have to take a bus from Hamilton to Aldershot.  Transfer to the Go Train and get off at Oshawa.  From Oshawa I would need to take a Peterborough #88 bus. I would then have to ask to get off somewhere before the Go Station.

I would not have hesitated before, as this person was a very good friend of mine and we have not met for about 14 years.  However, my sense of direction is very poor and I'm not sure I could go myself.

I will see if the person is willing to go into Toronto and meet downtown for a few hours. I wish I could get this person to use a computer and go on Skhpe,that would work very well, but so far that has not worked out.

Ah well, there still is the phone, thankfully.

Thanks for dropping by.




No comments: