Thursday, March 19, 2015

ARTS APPRECIATION DINNER

What a grand occasion it was last night.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.

We  all met in the up lounge on the third floor for one unveiling which was a donation from the Husband family.  I was very touched that this wonderful winter scene was donated to the club upon the request of the now deceased member, Mr. Husband    As his son told the assembled guests, this was his favourite picture and one he cherished, particularly when he was so ill near the end of his life.  He wanted to share it with the other members so that they could enjoy it as well. Mr. Husband was a member for fifty years.

I, for one, will look at that picture remembering such a generous and kind thought turned into action.

After people socialized for a while, we all went into the Alexander Room for a delicious dinner.This room has been named after Lincoln Alexander who was an honorary member of the Hamilton Club.

Our fabulous Executive Chef Michael Vogt had prepared an exquisite dinner  of cold Vichyssoises, grilled  and roasted Orange and "Five 'spice Rubbed Cornish Game Hen on Thai style risotto with baby bok choy glazed with a soy ginger caramel.

For desert, we had a raspberry custard tart which was absolutely heavenly.  Coffee was served as well.


During the event, speeches were made by members of the Arts Committee  which explained about the work of the new acquisitions by Gerald Gladstone, a Canadian artist who was born in 1929 and died in March 2005.

I have taken a shot of the menu and fancy little purse which my friend Saba brought me once from  Pakistan.  It is just big enough that a comb, kleenex and my keys fit in.


Linda and Kelly walked me home which I appreciate very much.

Here are the shots I took.






Thanks for dropping by. Have a great day!

No comments: