Saturday, December 13, 2014

B & B Christmas get together

What a busy day yesterday was!  With the storm the day before, I could not get out too easily and had to do some grocery shopping.  I did that yesterday and then a lady I know came and visited for about two hours and then we took the bus together up the mountain.

Alas, for me, I missed a phone call from one of our group offering me a ride. My friend and I went together on the Number 26 which was so packed that they had to leave people behind at every stop on the way.  Two young boys sat beside me,squirming and giggling their heads off.  In my youth, we always had to stand up and give our seats to older people.  It seems that those good manners have gone out the window, more of a pity.  The crowded bus makes me glad that I don't live on the mountain!  I love the seniors apartment complex where we were hosted but I would not be as active if I lived way up there, especially in the winter.

I just love living down town.

I arrived too early so sat on the bench in the foyer before ringing their bell.  I did this to be courteous to our host as they would be putting last minute touches on everything and I did not want to be in their way.

In the meantime, after I rang the bell, I could not remember which side they lived on and so I wandered lost for about 15 minutes.  I found a very nice lady who took me downstairs and Gerhardt was waiting for me wondering where I was!

It seems that there are two elevators to go to the second floor, and I was on the wrong one!

Once again, our hosts, Gerhardt and Hanna welcomed me into their lovely home.

Everybody got there in good time and our hostess had prepared some delicious snacks to eat before our Chinese food was to arrive.  For the last couple of years we have ordered in instead of going to a noisy restaurant.  For desert, Hanna had prepared a fantastic crumble cake served with either whipped cream or ice cream.  Tea and coffee ended the meal.

It was a great evening and the husbands all took off together and went out to the Germania Club.  They are good sports as we ladies can really let our hair down, so to speak, when there are no men present.
Girl talk is fun!

I was fortunate to get a ride home for which I was most grateful!  I would not like to stand waiting for a bus at 10:30 at night in such an isolated area.

Needless to say, my only thought last night was to climb into bed and rest.

What a great bunch of people - I am thankful to be part of this splendid group.  This is the group of gals I go away for a weekend each summer.  Fantastic ladies, good solid people.

Thanks for dropping by.


No comments: