Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A fun afternoon with friends

Hadi with Mr. Boots

Lani with Mr. Boots

Lani and Hadi downstairs near the big tree

The three of us posing at the building tree

Left to right - Mohammad, A Yi, Lanni, Hadi and me.  Picture taken by Tina

Posing near the brass rail between the two buildings.
Hadi & Lani

Mohammad       Wilma
The tea party went well.  Only one person did not show as she was unwell.

There was more than enough food and people got along very well even though their first languages are not English.  Chinese, Indonesian, Arabic, Urdu were the languages represented there.

It was worth the effort.  A friendly gathering, good food and good conversation.

A small section of the food available

Grape juice and gingerale punch

Asma drove all the way from Brampton to come to the party which I really appreciated.

My pal Asma

Best friends since 1994 or 95.

Sami had to leave around 4 p.m. and I hadn't started taking pictures by that time so missed taking one of him.

Sarah was unable to come as she felt unwell but I only found that out once I had time to check my emails after the guests had gone.

Mohammad, Tina and Wilma

Tina & A Yi (back row)
Hadi and Lanni (front row)

A Yi and Asma 

She is in the process of leaving as she has a long drive ahead of her to get home.


Thanks to A Yi and Tina for helping me so much to change the sitting room around so I could have Sami in his wheelchair there.  Looks great.

Next project in the little room.....

Thanks for dropping by and have a nice New Year's Eve and a Happy New Year.






No comments: