Friday, July 4, 2014

Wednesday was the first day of the Whitehern Concerts

Our little gang pitched in and brought sandwiches, fruit, sweets and home made pop corn and one of the gentlemen ordered pizza to be delivered to the garden.  It was a lovely event.  One of our group got there by 11 in order to snag a table but our favourite table was already gone by that time.

The music was great - Ruth Sutherland and Doug Feaver.

It was so wonderful to be back in the garden again.  The first concert we usually bring a picnic lunch and in September we have a picnic under the Weeping Willow Tree at Bold and Bay.

We do meet for lunch sometimes during the winter and many of the group come to St. Paul's Rummage sale and well as St. John's Mother and Daughter tea so we see each other from time to time and, of course, keep in contact via the phone or internet.

We have been doing this for a number of years now.

We added two new people to the group - both men and Jeff brought his friend Andre with him for the first concert.

Here are some pictures.

Jeff in blue, Andre in White tee shirt

Sami in navy blue, Mohammad in white slacks, Grace in black top, Anita in stripped blouse

Clapping along with the music

Pure enjoyment!

We stayed until the end.  I had to rush home as I had a guest coming for tea at the club.  I tried a new drink at the club which consisted of different fruit juices and seven up.  I think it will be something I will order from now on instead of seven-up.  It was delicious!  The price was okay too - $3.00 plus tip and tax.

Monique and I caught up with all the news which was nice.  Her magazine is going very well and she is getting comments about it from University Professors which is fantastic.  I am so happy for her.

I am really looking forward to the event at Whitehern on Sunday.  Downtown  downton.  I am sure it will be very popular and lots of people will come.

Thanks for dropping by.




3 comments:

princess-anna said...

Hi Mom This is a good place to have lots of fun things to do and see. This blog is very interesting and well put.
love it

Cosmo.com Mail said...

Hello Wilma,
Thanks for the post !
I liked your Blog and the Pictures you posted. I am glad you are having lots of fun !!!

REGARDS

Syed haider

Wilma Seville said...

Thank you Syed. Summer is my time to enjoy nature and to get out.