Sunday, December 8, 2013

Another wonderful weekend!

I am so blessed with dear friends and have been blessed to have come to live in Hamilton which was my son's idea after my 3rd TIA.  I love the smaller community of people and have so many friends and also acquaintances now after living here almost 11 years this February 1st.  I was very happy to receive Liz's invitation.  I puzzled what I could add to the feast and Nonni and I put our heads together and came up with the following.

I made home made pida bread (without a bread machine) and put caraway seeds in it.  Nonni and I brought a combined item, she made her wonderful humus and I made my pita bread.  Both items went over very well.

Nonni picked me up and brought me home which was very good of her.  Liz had made so many wonderful things to eat and the house was packed to the gill.  Everybody was friendly and I knew some of the people there and met other new people.

Some beautiful ladies sang some carols and then a dear little girl read something.  She was really brave to do that in front of so many people.

Nonni and I left at 9 p.m. I am so glad that I know both of these dear ladies as they have enriched my life and I hold both of them in esteem and with loving thoughts.



If that was not enough, it was my Club's Christmas brunch today (Sunday).  My reservation was for 10:30 and Thanh and I sat together in the lounge area.  There were several families there also which was nice as I prefer to be where I can see little ones.  The children were so well behaved and all dressed up for the occasion.



The brunch was up to the  Club's usual high standards and was superb.

Santa and I

A small sample of the many delicious deserts
The main course was very appetizing as well , from Omelettes individually made to order, egg benedict, turkey, ham, roast beef, roast potatoes and vegetables, noodle dishes, soups and you name it and it was there. I was amazed by the chef who prepared the omelettes, he made three pans full at a time.  He put plenty of olive oil on the bottom of the pan, then threw in whatever vegetables you wanted in it.  I chose onions so he sautéed them  then added the egg mixture and on top of that he added the grated cheese.  The gas flames were rising high but he was not disturbed by that.  He had many takers of his wonderful omelettes, each one different.  I wish my omelette's would turn out that well.  He used a heavy iron pan as well.

I particularly enjoyed seeing the children sit on Santa's lap and talk to him.  They were adorable!

All in all, a wonderful event and tomorrow evening is another event.  David Haskin's book launch.  On Saturday evening, it will be Thanh Campbell's book launch and I have an invitation for that.  It is a formal event, with evening clothes required.

My cup runneth over and I am most grateful for all my many blessings.

Thanks for dropping by and please come again when you have the time.




No comments: