Friday, October 4, 2013

Louisiana Must Release Dying Prisoner After Judge Overturns 1974 Conviction | Amnesty International USA

Louisiana Must Release Dying Prisoner After Judge Overturns 1974 Conviction | Amnesty International USA


Is this what they call American justice?

Our Canadian system is definitely not perfect, but this article shows a prison system which one might find in a less developed nation.

If you notice when you read the article, this person must be a black person and I have observed many years ago when I was young, signs in the southern states saying saying "whites only" for wash rooms, "Negroes and dogs not allowed" for restaurants. There were many other negative signs but I don't remember them now.  I also remember, as a 14 year old, being in Washington, D.C. and taking a city bus and sitting at the back of the bus.  This nice man figured out that I was not from around there and warned me that the white folk would not like me to sit with them.  That was a shock to me as in Canada, we can sit wherever there is a seat available, no matter what colour. race, or creed we are.

I think that experience helped to shape me and make me more aware of man's inhumanity to man, as young as I was at that time.

Thanks for dropping by and have a good day.  .




No comments: