Saturday, August 31, 2013

Some startling news

I just received a message from a  poetry group I belong to.  One of our members, John O'Connor was hit by a car while riding his bike and was killed.

He was such a good person.  We worked together for four and a half years as Senior Peer Councillors for the Catholic Family Services.  That is first when I met him and then I met him again at Tower Poetry a couple of years ago.

It just shows that we must cherish people and the time we have together as we never know what is around the corner and when this life ends for any of us.

Rest in peace John.  My sincere condolences to his wife and family.


2 comments:

Thanh Campbell GTA Rep said...

Sorry to hear of your loss Wilma...

Wilma Seville said...

Thank you Thanh. He was a lovely man and a good role model for young people.