Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My new job as ESL Tutor

I went to the library for 1 p.m. on Monday to have my orientation and sign papers.  I liked both the Volunteer Coordinator Cadi and the LINC Coordinator, Lorraine.

At 2 pm. my student arrived and we got to know each other a little bit.  We got along well though and I think we can work together.

At 4 p.m. I took her down to show her where the Arabic books are kept and also took her to the children's section of the library as she has four children.  She was so delighted to know all these things.

She is an educated person, soft spoken and well mannered.

I suggested that she and her children meet me one day and we will go down to the waterfront.  They have never been there. I am sure the children will love it.

The time just sped along so fast and I think she felt the same way as she was all smiles.

Her English is at a fairly high level and she also speaks French and Arabic from her own country.

I am looking forward to a long relationship with her and her children, God Willing.

Thanks for dropping by.


No comments: