Thursday, May 16, 2013

The day of the operation

I woke up at 5 all by myself so the alarms did not have to wake me.  Instead of trying to steal another half hour, I decided to stay up and do some housework.

I would hate to have to come home to a messy house - it would bother me.

I saw my friend the doctor in my hall last night and he told me he had already spoken to the operating doctor and things should go all right.

It turns out he will not be in the operating room himself.  Too bad, it would have been nice to see a friendly face.

I cannot say that I am looking forward to this as that would be a huge untruth.  I can only say that I will be glad when it is all over, one way or the other.

Many people are holding me up in prayer which I truly am blessed to have believing friends and find that an immense comfort.  Last night two Toronto friends called and yesterday my friends Jennifer and Jeff called while others have communicated through Facebook and on email.

I shall look forward to going to the waterfront to spend time with my friend Jeff once we are both feeling stronger.   This getting older sure takes a toll on the human body but the spirit within remains strong!

I am such a lucky person to have such wonderful friends.

On that note, if everything goes well, I should be back here on Saturday and will let people know.

Thanks for dropping by and I wish my readers all the best in their lives and the blessings of Almighty God upon them.

No comments: