Friday, May 24, 2013

It's Friday - a day I used to look so forward to!

Now, every day is Friday for me as I am retired and happily so!  I must say that retirement is fantastic and the slower pace of living sure beats the rushing around, stress filled days of full time work. I don't know how I did it all, looking back. I worked full time, kept up with my housekeeping. my children, did volunteer work and still found time to be with my friends.  Mind you, I was quite a lot younger then!

I think also that living in a smaller city produces less stress for me than living in a very large and busy city such as Toronto.  I do love it here, especially the green spaces and my easy access to the water.

I am so blessed to have friends which I cherish to go places with, to talk with and to have a good laugh with.

Everything I need is here or a short bus ride away.  Soon there will be a supermarket in Jackson Square and that will fill a real need around here.  I am delighted about that as well.

I am feeling better today and I feel my energy begin to come back, however, I will not push it as it is only one week since the operation and the recuperation time is six weeks.

I am glad to be alive with so many people I care about and who care for me.  What more can any gal want?  It is people who count, not possessions.  The older I get the more I appreciate the many gifts of God that we are given on a daily basis - air to breathe, clean water to drink, medical care when needed.  So many peoples of this world do not have these gifts.

In my own way, I try to support others through charities I support due to their good works and the help they give to others.

Have a good day.

.






No comments: