Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Waiting, waiting

I am a patient person most of the time, but even so, there are limits.  I have an important letter coming from China from my brother and sister-in-law.  The Chinese part is done, then it came to Canada and sat for six days in customs, now it has cleared the customs and is supposed to be on its way to me.  It was supposed to be in my hands in about 5 days from the time it was sent from China.

Well, it certainly is not proving that way thus far.  I am hoping that it might arrive some time this week at least.  My sister-in-law has been to the University office where they teach at least three times to check on its progress.  Such a bother for them.

Speaking of postal service again, I got a notice saying that I had a parcel for pickup at Dundurn. It was from my regular company I order my findings from.  Normally they just shove it in the box but this time, it must have been too big.  I did make a large order this time.

Today is the big gala and I had hoped to have a relaxing day and perhaps have my hair washed and set at the School of Hairdressing but it is important to get that parcel.  My outfit is all set to go, my handcrafted jewellery also, I have picked out suitable shoes and it will be an exciting affair.  The menu is out of this world!

I am thrilled about being invited, it is such an honour.  I saw the seating plan yesterday and I will be seated with some ladies, one of which I know well, which is great for me.  It is easier for me to chat with ladies then with men I don't know.

I guess that is all the news this morning.  Thanks for dropping by.






No comments: