Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A delightful afternoon spent with my friend from Holland

Svetlana is here only for a few days and we finally managed to get together.  I took her to the club for tea as I wanted her to have that experience and she enjoyed the ambience of the place very much.

As usual, the staff were wonderful and we enjoyed tea by the fireplace.  We chatted very easily together and although we had not seen each other for several years in person, we talk quite often on Skype.

It was a wonderful afternoon spent in good company at a lovely place.  I shall miss her when she returns to Holland.

Here are some pictures:

Svetlana

In front of the lit fireplace


Tea anyone?

Apple tart with ice cream for my guest

Svetlana and I.

Although the day was dreary outside, the warmth of the club and our delightful time together made the day a wonderful one.

Svetlana and I

A  shot of the room where we had our tea

Svetlana

She likes tulips so I took a short of her in the main dining room with the tulips

We came back briefly to my apartment to see the jewellery I have crafted for the party on Sunday and I gave her some of my banana bread and the almond cookies I have made for the party.

She enjoyed both and tomorrow I will make more things as well.

What a pleasant afternoon we spent together.


No comments: