Friday, March 8, 2013

Some news from a friend of mine in Malaysia

Many, many years ago, I interviewed a visiting "fellow" from Malaysia.  She is a wonderful lady who is a professor and a medical doctor in her country.  Over the years, we have developed a firm friendship, talking on Skype and using the internet.  While she was here, we went up to Kitchener to visit my daughter and son-in-law and "hung out" together.  Through her, I met other Malaysian doctors who wee here.  I was so honoured to be invited to their homes and share food with them.  They were so sweet and kind.  It was such a positive experience meeting these ladies who were so dedicated to their chosen field of medicine.

I just received an e-mail from her to tell me how sick she had been from an infection which attacked her organs including her heart.

Obviously she was in the hospital for a long time and in recuperation but I am distressed to hear that she now has heart problems.  This will mean a lifestyle change in a big way.

She is so much younger than I am and has so much to offer the world, not only with her great personality but with her skills as a teacher and doctor.  May God grant her restored health.

One wonderful thing that occurred is that she found out who her "true friends" were.  They were there in the bad times and gave her lots of TLC.

I was so glad for that.  Some even travelled to her city to visit her in the hospital!

It is interesting, isn't it, to see how one life can affect so many people and that each one of us has been given so many gifts from God to use to help others.  My friend has always exhibited compassion and caring for her fellow humans and because of that, her friends gave back the love and cared for her in her time of need.

She's a very intelligent and loving human being whose life has affected others in a positive way.

May God grant her good health.

Thanks for dropping by.

No comments: