Monday, February 25, 2013

Sunday, Monday.....

Monday has arrived and it is a dull day outside again.  A perfect day to spend inside working on jewellery, reading, and catching up on phone calls.

I seem to always have something to do, whether it is my daily housekeeping duties, keeping in touch with much older people in Toronto and the hours fly by and it is time for bed.

I really have no idea how I had time to work all those years!

I have observed though, that as one ages, one's energy level goes down as well. Ah well, I am thankful that I am able to do as much as I do and hope that my health will allow me to carry on as I am now.

Yesterday was a traumatic day, one of my Toronto friends called me about a terrible situation her granddaughter is in.  Without going into any details, drugs and gangs are involved in this girl's life and she is on a downward path.  In some small way, I was able to share some of my knowledge to get some help for the Grandmother.  The girl is over 21 and she has to want help.

I also spent two hours with a friend showing them around the building and the apartment that Andrew is renting out.  It looks like he will take it.  It would be nice if he did.

I took him down to the storage area but we could not get back out, nor could we get into the storage area itself.  For some unknown reason, my fob did not open the storage room and even the door to get back out of the area.  It opened the door to get into the main area so it is working.  I have not been down there for years and years.  If I had been there by myself, it would have been terrible as it is so isolated and nobody ever goes there.

My young friend is a problem solver so he tried every door and we finally found one that would take us to the garage.  From there, I knew how to get to the back yard fortunately.

I will speak to the Superintendents today about that.

I need to go out today to get some food for Boots - he has a little left but I like to have plenty on hand just in case  winter storms come up and I cannot get out.

Thanks for dropping by.

.






No comments: