Sunday, November 4, 2012

Events on Friday night and Saturday afternoon


Rosemary had invited me to have dinner at our club so we decided to go Friday night.  It was very enjoyable.  I love the atmosphere at dinner, it is so relaxing.

Here are some pictures from that time.

Lamb shank at the Hamilton Club

Sirloin steak - Rosemary's choice




Wilma and Rosemary enjoying a lovely dinner


It was a pleasure to see Bill and Anne there.  I went up to speak to them and we had a very short chat.  I know Bill quite a few year's now as he was once on the Literary Committee.

He asked me to consider submitting a poem on the war of 1812 as that is what the Historical Board's magazine is working on at this time.  They have published both articles and poetry of mine before and they do a good job of it.

I told him I would think about it as I would need to do a lot of research but I have a year to get it done.

Rosemary and I had a pleasant chat and both of us enjoyed our meal.  Melinda was on duty that night.  We were home by a little before 8 p.m. which was fine by me as I wanted to watch Eastenders.

We spent two hours at the club and as usual, the service was elegant and well done.

The next day, Jeff called and asked me if I would like to go with him to see the Artwalk in Dundas and so we went together.  He will pick me up today (Sunday) for the reading. 

We did the two block walk and took pictures of the entries. 

Jeff had submitted two poems in response to two different pictures. I only submitted one poem.

Here is one of Jeff's poems along with the picture

One of Jeff Seffinga's Poems.


Since my poem was in the next window along with the picture by Janusz Wrobel, we did not have far to walk.


I m having some difficulty with placing this photo in this spot here.  It keeps going up to the top of the page which is not where I want it!  Hopefully I will get it right this time




The above picture is of Janusz Wrobel's work and my poem - Misty Woods



After our walk around Dundas, and after dropping off at the health food store, we went over to the Chedoke trail and spent some time there.  I had never been there before.

It was a very pretty trail.





My pal Jeff

I took other shots but that is enough for this blog.

Thanks for dropping by and have a good day.



 

No comments: