Sunday, July 8, 2012

A lovely time at the Shia Mosque

I was very fortunate to get a ride up to Limeridge Mall.  I looked around for a dress but alas I have not found what I was looking for. I have been looking for about a year.

I had plenty of time to wait for Sarah and then we took a taxi to the Mosque for the ladies party.

I recognized many familiar faces and some of them remembered me from last year which was very nice.

They were very welcoming.  It is mostly a mosque with Lebanese people and when the ladies dance, I love to see that.  I love the music, the joy and the liveliness.  There was one particular dance which seems to be a national dance.  There was a certain pattern to it and one would need to be very able bodied to do that dance!

As is usual, there were lots of little ones around and I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with them.

Once in the privacy of the mosque, headscarves (hijabs) and abeyas (long type of coat which covers the body for modesty) came off.  Suffice it to say, there were many different dresses and attire.

Of course, this was a women only party so obviously no man would be allowed which was really nice as the women let their hair down,danced and chatted and ate to their fill.  There were question and answers and my name was drawn to answer a question about Prophet Mohamad, pbuh.  For my correct answers I was asked to choose a little prize which I did - a lovely bottle of shower gel. They asked the question in English for me as I only speak a few limited words in Arabic.

While we waited for the line up to subside for the buffet table, a dear lady came over with a variety of food for Sarah and I.  It was so thoughtful of her.

One of the young mothers told me that I reminded her of her grandmother which I took as a compliment.  What a blessing to be this age - one is not competing with anybody.

Sarah and I took a taxi back to her place and she waited with me to catch the No. 26 bus to downtown.

What a wonderful and happy evening I spent.    I hope that I will be invited next year.

Thanks for dropping by.

No comments: