Thursday, June 28, 2012

A new chapter unfolding in my life

I have been on one committee since 2005 and will remain with that committee until after the Awards night and the rehash of the Awards night and then my resignation will take place.

It has been an interesting seven years and I have learned a lot about the cultural scene here in Hamilton, in particular, the writer's section of it.

I have seen committee members come and go as well.  Now it is my time to go. 

I am thinking of working directly with children in the school system or with newcomers to Canada or who knows - there are so many volunteer positions looking for people.

I feel a little sad about resigning as it has been a long time since I was asked to sit on that committee and I have grown very fond of the members.

However, the good thing is that I will see some of them at the different groups I belong to.

I must get my volunteer resume more up to date and see what is available. 

Thanks for dropping by.

No comments: