Saturday, March 10, 2012

A fun time at the Tower

Ah ha, many of my readers may wonder what I have been up to now.  What kind of a tower, where is it located and why would an old lady be at a Tower?

Let us use our imagination here.   Picture a lonely tower on a  hillside, a footpath leading to it.  Brambles overgrow it as nobody has passed by for a long time.

A solitary candle glows in the window.  What manner of person lives there?  Why are they so isolated?  What tragedy has caused them to shun others and shut themselves away?

There is the beginning of a gothic novel. 

Let's get back to reality here.  It was our monthly Tower Poetry group. We had quite a few chuckles today and we got all the poems critiqued which was amazing as there was a good crowd today.

We had one guest which was wonderful and she contributed her thoughts to some of the poems which was much appreciated. 

The group offered a few valuable suggestions about my poem "The Cry" and I will work on their comments when I have the time.

In the meantime, I need to concentrate on doing the programme for the ladies group in a couple of weeks.  Waltrault will give me the basic outline and I will go from there.

Nobody had volunteered so I thought I had better step up to the plate and do it.  I used to do that once a year for my other ladies group at St. Paul's. 

It should go well, I will ask some of the better readers to read some poems and assign certain tasks to willing people.  I have a couple of weeks to prepare it I think.  The theme is on Lent for the meeting.

It will be interesting to see what I come up with.

Thanks for dropping by and come again some time.

No comments: