Saturday, February 11, 2012

My son's sense of humour

When I finally straggled up this morning at 10:30 a.m., I noticed I had a phone message.

It was my son, calling from his warm and sunny climate.  His comments made me laugh.

He had seen the Weather Network and decided to tease me about the wonderful weekend which has been forecasted for this area.

I e-mailed him back and told him all about our sunny, beach-like weather, palm trees gently swaying in the wind, the sea lapping against the sandy shores and then I put a big NOT!

In reality, there is a thick blanket of pristine white snow covering everything. The sky is grey and as I look out I see that the snow has started to fall again.  I also see that there are very few people out on the streets.  I saw one man walking on the road and it doesn't look like the snowplows have been out yet..

We were warned about a storm coming for this weekend with freezing rain, snow and bitter cold weather so I prepared in advance, getting in enough groceries for a siege!

I also told our president of Tower that I would not be coming today due to the cold and perhaps dangerous conditions.

I am now set to have a pleasant day inside.  I need to spend many more hours editing the book which is promised for the end of February.  So far I have spent six hours on it but there is much more to do.

It is nice to be able to know that all your needs are met and that you can concentrate on working without too much interruption, no matter what type of weather rages outside my cozy little pad.

We should all take a lesson from the cats, curl up, snooze, relax and accept life the way it comes.

Boots will particularly enjoy trying to catch the snow as it falls just outside his reach.  I have cleared a spot on the window sill so he can see out.

Thanks for dropping by, and come back when you have the time, if you would like to.




No comments: