Saturday, January 7, 2012

Went to my club today

I had a really nice time, reading and working on a poem and then I decided to stay for dinner.

It is so nice and quiet in there, no telephones, no distractions.  I think it will be a home away from home for me.

I have had lunch there with my friend Rosemary a few weeks back and enjoyed that.  I treated myself to a delicious dinner tonight - very well cooked and very well presented.  Jacqueline was the lady who looked after all my needs for dinner, she even took my coat and hung it up for me.  I could get used to that nice treatment!

A reservation was made by a party of six and they arrived exactly at 6 and went into the lounge for before dinner drinks and then they will go into the dining room for their dinner.

Vanessa recognized me and let me come in even though the club opens only at 4 p.m. on a Saturday.  I did not know that but she let me in and we had a nice chat.  She reminded me a lot of my friend Amina in Toronto, small and petite and a whirl of energy.

What a treat it was for me this afternoon just to get away and do something different.


Thanks for dropping in.


No comments: