Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tower Poetry Book Launch January 15,2012

It was a bitterly cold day out when 30 people braved the elements to come out to the book launch which was held at Carnegie Gallery in Dundas, Ontario.

I was most fortunate that my friend Stella took me or otherwise I would not have been able to attend this winter launch of the book.  I cannot handle waiting for the bus which runs only every hour on Sunday.

As is usual, people chatted with each other and enjoyed the art work and the creativity which Carnagie Gallery showcases.

We were expecting poets from Sarnia, Ontario and waited a little while for them but we had to start without them.

Happily they arrived safely and once they were settled, we started the readings again after a refreshment break.

It was marvelous to see James Dheal, Norma West Linder, Debbie Oakum Hill and a new poet I had not met. I believe her name is Lynne.

I learned something shocking that Peggy Fletcher, a well known and much loved poet in Sarnia passed away recently.  It was quite a shock.

I will post a few of the pictures here for your enjoyment.


Trudy Down

Nancy

Jennifer Tan

Marianne Vespry

Debbie Okum-Hill - Sarnia area poet

Norma West Linder - Sarnia poet

James Dheal, formerly of Hamilton, now in Sarnia.

Jeff Seffinga - Editor in Chief of Tower Poetry Society


All in all, it was a lovely event and I was so very happy to have been able to attend.


Thanks for dropping by.



No comments: