Sunday, January 22, 2012

An interesting Sunday

Today was a busy day but all nice things.  After church I helped young Cassie with her reading, then my neighbour came up to wash her delicate clothing as her machine is not working properly.

In the meantime, this lady is expecting a baby and has no experience in child care at all.  We had a great time practicing with a sock doll.  We learned how to diaper a baby, wrap a baby up in a cozy blanket, how a baby needs to sleep (on its back) and how to bath and feed an infant.  Needless to say, I don't have any baby things around anymore so we had to improvise.  The diaper was a dish cloth, the blanket was a large blanket which was very cozy.  We used baby wipes (real ones) and we practiced attending to the baby's needs.

I suspect it might have been a real eye opener as to the actual job of caring for a child.

I didn't think of it while we were practicing,  I should have taken pictures while we were doing it. It was great fun and I must say this "baby" gave us no trouble whatsoever.

I took some shots of the "baby" just for fun while I was writing up this blog. We will  have to call the baby "no name" as the couple have not thought of names yet.

Actually, I had a ball.  It is a pity that this couple is moving to another city as I could have been very helpful once the baby arrived.  However, that is the way it goes.  I thought it might be a good idea to get a little experience before they move next week.

I remember being very "green" when I had my first baby and it was hard to know what to do.  Parenthood is not easy, in fact, I suspect it is the most difficult job in the world.  So many people go into it without proper thought, but there are so many details in looking after a baby properly and it is a 24 hour a day job, especially when they are young.

It was fun to practice though. I really enjoyed it.  I only regret that I will not be able to give a hand when needed as they will be too far away.

On another note, I had a delicious tofu dish for supper. Yummy and now I am going to relax and do nothing.

Thanks for dropping by.




No comments: