Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Well, now I have heard everything

Today, on the six o'clock news, it was told that there is an alligator or a crocodile in the water here in Hamilton. There was even pictures of it. The authorities are now investigating the matter.

It must have been somebody's cute little "pet" until it got too big! Why do people adopt such dangerous animals? They grow and they are wild creatures.

I remember being in Florida to visit my aunt and uncle a few years back and them telling me what happened to a couple with a small dog who were having a picnic by a Florida lake. An alligator came up and snatched the dog and that was the end of him.

Many families picnic near the water here in Hamilton in the summer and there are boaters galore. I never thought I would hear of such a creature being in Canadian waters.

It reminds me of a time in Regent Park where I used to be a day care teacher at the end of my career. I was walking to get the streetcar when this young man came towards me on his bike. Wrapped around him was a huge snake. I think it was a boa constrictor.

One of my fellow workers did not believe me when I mentioned it the next day at school so I invited her to walk with me and there was the fellow with his snake again.

Guess what, she will never disbelieve me again!

Imagine living next door to such a critter!

There also was a case of a runaway snake in Montreal who invaded a poor woman's apartment and she heard the rustling noise under her bed and got out fast. Apparently the snake had escaped somehow from another apartment.

Needless to say, it was a terrible shock for her to say the least!

Again, why do people adopt such creatures. They do not belong and are actually quite dangerous.

Give me a cat, dog, bird, or gerbil any day!

1 comment:

Wilma Seville said...

How sad that this person has left such silly comments on my blog.

I don't know how to delete it or otherwise I would have.